Nikon releases the Z 30 APS-C size mirrorless camera which is ideal for vlog contents creators
June 29, 2022
The smallest and lightest mirrorless camera among the Nikon Z series, with thoroughly pursued ease of use for video recording.
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation (Nikon) is pleased to announce the release of the APS-C size/DX-format Nikon Z 30 mirrorless camera.
Featuring the smallest and lightest body among the Nikon Z series models, as well as a vari-angle LCD monitor, REC lamp that immediately notifies of recording, and up to 125 minutes of recording time*, the Z 30 is a mirrorless camera that gives comprehensive consideration for video recording of a wide range of scenes, from daily shooting to creative expression including vlogs.
The Z 30 delivers outstanding depiction with high resolution by incorporating the same EXPEED 6 image-processing engine adopted in the Nikon Z 7 and the image sensor adopted in the Nikon Z fc, in combination with NIKKOR Z lenses.
In addition, the Z 30 is a camera that pursues ease of use and a design optimized for video recording, so that even first-time mirrorless camera users can casually enjoy imaging expression. It also features functions such as "Creative Picture Control" that enables diverse expressions, 4K UHD/30p video, and slow-motion video, all of which can meet the challenge for more particular video expression.
Nikon will continue to pursue a new dimension in optical performance while meeting users' needs, contributing to the development of imaging culture, with the hope of expanding possibilities for imaging expression.
- *In Full HD/24p/25p at 25°C/77°F. The camera's ability to always achieve the full 125 minutes is dependent on conditions like battery life or the camera's internal temperature. Approx. 35 minutes of recording time is available in 4K UHD.
- 1.Outstanding rendering performance, equivalent to that of higher-class models, for vlog contents creators
High-resolution, superior rendering performance is realized by adopting the same image-processing engine as the Z 7 as well as the image sensor adopted in the Z fc, in combination with NIKKOR Z lenses. Covering a standard sensitivity range of ISO 100-51200*, high-quality images can be captured regardless of the scene, whether indoors, outdoors or at night.
In addition to stills, Eye-Detection AF and Animal-Detection AF that detect the eyes of people, dogs and cats are also adopted for video recording, letting users reliably capture the eye of subjects in motion in both video and stills. By adopting AF-F (Full-time AF) that continues focusing on a subject as it moves or as the composition changes, the Z 30 allows even first-time mirrorless camera users to capture lively facial expressions of a subject without failure. The touch-sensitive, vari-angle LCD monitor enables users not only to check how they look while shooting selfies, but also to freely shoot high-angle, overhead shots and low-angle shots such as walking feet. It offers smartphone-like operation while shooting, setting changes and pinching-in/out when playing back images.
All the outstanding DX-format and FX-format NIKKOR Z lenses are available with the Z 30, from wide-angle lenses ideal for vlogs to prime lenses that offer beautiful bokeh and zoom lenses that cover a wide range of scenes with one lens, allowing anyone to enjoy a breathtaking diversity of imaging expression.
- * The maximum standard sensitivity for video recording is ISO 25600.
- 2.The smallest and lightest camera among the Nikon Z series with a design optimized for video recording
Realizing the smallest and lightest body among the Nikon Z series, the Z 30 features a deep grip that is comfortable and stable to hold during extended shooting. Although it is intended for first-time mirrorless camera users, it inherits the same design and operability as higher-class models. With a large video-record button more visible than conventional models, a large microphone where a wind muff can be attached easily, as well as a REC lamp that immediately notifies of recording, the Z 30 is optimally designed for video recording including vlogs.
- 3.More creative expressions are achievable with ease and as intended
The exposure compensation is adjustable even in AUTO mode, and more creative imaging expression can be attained easily and exactly as intended thanks to 20 Creative Picture Control options. Users can also make fine adjustments such as contrast and brightness to achieve their desired results. 4K UHD/30p without crop and Full HD/120p for creating slow-motion videos are also available. Three user setting modes are adopted on the mode dial, allowing users to assign the camera settings they want. What's more, the i menu is accessible with just one touch without going deep into the menu, and the two Fn buttons can be assigned frequently used settings. These functions let users effectively customize the Z 30 according to their needs.
For those pursuing expressions that they can make uniquely their own, approx. 360 types of NIKKOR F lenses from AI type onwards, are available via the Mount Adapter FTZ II, allowing users to enjoy even more diverse expressions with a great variety of lenses including older models.
- 4.Additional features
- Up to 125 minutes of video recording time provides extended shooting.
- Approx. 11-fps high-speed continuous shooting*1 enables capture of the intended moment beautifully and more reliably.
- Still images and videos can be transferred to a smart device*2 via SnapBridge application for casual posting on social media.
- Computer software: NX Studio's Movie Editor function offers video editing via simple operation.
- Compatible with Webcam Utility that turns the camera into a webcam.
- Compatible with a variety of accessories, supporting comfortable video recording.
- *1With a mechanical shutter, in high-speed continuous shooting (extended), in JPEG and 12-bit RAW recording.
- *2iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® and Android™ devices to which the SnapBridge app has been installed can be used. The SnapBridge app can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store® and Google Play™. See Nikon's website for further information.
- · Apple®, App Store®, the Apple logos, iPhone®, and iPad® are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- · The iPhone trademark is used under license from Aiphone Co., Ltd.
- · Android™ and Google Play™ are trademarks of Google LLC.
- · Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
- Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
For more information
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.